By Taadidiin Tours
**We do not offer tours to any other canyons outside of Canyon X and Cardiac Canyon**
1. Do I need a tour guide? Do I have to take a tour with a company?
* YES! A tour guide is mandatory.
2. Do you need reservations?
* Reservations are not required but is highly recommended. Especially during the high season,
having a reservation will ensure a seat on the tour. If you are also traveling during a U.S. holiday
weekend, Memorial Day, July 4th, and so on, a reservation is required to confirm your seats on a
3. Where is Canyon X?
* Canyon X is located on the Navajo Reservation on Highway 98 Mile post 308. Roughly 13 miles
EAST of Page, AZ. You can also use the link on our website or on your confirmation email,
assuming you made a reservation.
4. What time is it?
* Canyon X operates on Arizona Time all year 'round. Referred to as Mountain Standard Time
(MST) when Daylight Savings is observed (March-November).
5. When can I see the sunbeams/light shafts?
* Light beams are most visible during the summer. Latter part of May through late July, early
September between 11 am - 1 pm, weather permitting. Also, keep in mind that EVERYONE wants
to see this which in turn makes it the most busiest time of the day.
6. What are the busiest tour times?
* Refer to #5. 11 am - 1 pm. Also during major holiday weekends.
7. How many people are going to be on tour at the same time as my booking?
* During the low season, October- March, we will take up to 40 persons per time slot. Most days it
does not reach capacity. If you book the Photo Tour, the most we will take is 7 persons. (Photo
and Hiking tour the same area)
8. What is the temperature in the canyon?
* The temperature in the canyon varies depending on the time of the year. Normally 5 degrees or
more cooler in the summer. 10 degrees or more colder inside the canyon during the fall/winter
9. What is the difference between the Hiking tour and Photography tour?
* Main difference is the time and usage of a tripod.
* The hiking tour is a walking tour that last 90 minutes with no tripod.
* Photo tour is 3 hours and allowed to bring a tripod.
10. What amenities and facilities are available?
* On site, there are only portable toilets available. There are no facilities in the canyon.
11. When do I need a Special Use Permit?
* Special Use permits are required for any all engagement/wedding photos, any filming, family
photos, workshops, advertisement.
* This can be purchased from the Navajo Nation Parks & Recreation office (928) 645-0268.
* If you are unsure or have questions, please send us an email email@example.com
12. What are the differences between Canyon X, Lower, and Upper Antelope Canyon?
* Upper Antelope is an "A" shape canyon above the ground, that you are driven directly to the
mouth of the canyon. No climbing or stairs. Also, the most crowded.
* Lower Canyon is a "V" shape below the ground. This is also a walking tour, does not involve
driving. There are ladders throughout the canyon.
* Canyon X has a little of both shapes, "A" and "V". 2 smaller slot canyons that are visited with
similar views as the more popular canyons.
13. When is the best time to see the canyon?
* Depending if you are sightseeing the area, anytime is a great time! Clear skies are the best day.
* As for Photographer, the popular time to take the Photo tour is 10 am. The sun is still rising
therefore you get the light changing from less light to more light as the tour goes on. 1 pm tour
is the opposite. The transition is from more light to less light as the tour goes on.
14. Blackout dates?
* We do not have blackout dates for the Hiking Tour.
* Yes, for Photo Tour and Cardiac Canyon. We do not offer Photo Tours and Cardiac Canyon
during US holidays. Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas.
15. Are pregnant women allowed on tour?
* Taadidiin Tours strongly recommends women in their 2nd and 3rd trimester to not participate.
16. Are pets or service animals allowed on tour?
* Pets and service animals are not allowed on tour.
* Pets and service animals have reacted differently in the canyon, because of the tight spaces and
large number of customers.
* Customers with allergies have voiced concerned with riding in the transport vehicles with pets.